Wedi building panel systems
Available in a wide variety of thicknesses and sizes, wedi Building Panels are compatible with virtually any stable substructure. wedi Building Panels are lightweight, internally waterproof and dimensionally stable, making them fast, clean and simple to work with. wedi building panels have a 100% waterproof blue core, made from wedi specific extruded polystyrene closed cell foam which is made using foaming agents in compliance with the Montreal protocol, and contains no HBCD (Hexabromocyclododecane) which has been banned in Canada and is a toxic substance of high concern with the US EPA. The building panels are reinforced with fiberglass mesh on both sides and coated with synthetic polymer resin mortar which fully embeds the mesh layer resulting in the panel's strength and the ability to develop highest adhesion strength to virtually any type of thinset mortar. The embedded mesh eliminates the risk of delamination of installation layers. The wedi Building Panel combines the benefits of the latest manufacturing technology and material quality with sound and traditional benefits our trades enjoy.
The wedi Building Panel can be tiled with all types of ceramic, glass or stone tile whether they are mosaic or large format tiles. Especially large and thin tile benefits of the durability of the wedi Building Panel and the even surface it provides.
- 100% waterproof due to its extruded polystyrene ( closed cell) foam core
- 100% mold and mildew proof due to the product ‘s natural composition.
- Strong and ready to tile surface made of reinforcing fiberglass mesh fully embedded in a cement based resin coating.
- High insulating properties due to its extruded polystyrene core giving tile or stone finish surfaces a warmer touch.
- Extremely lightweight due to its rigid foam core benefitting installations over older structures and fast and safe handling on construction sites.
- Easy and clean to cut to size using a utility knife.
- No limitation to use of tile sizes or the type of tile
- No limitation to use of cement based thinset mortars and grouts. Product works perfectly with polyurethane or epoxy based grouts.
- Replaces cement boards plus the added waterproof membranes.
- Available in multiple sizes and thicknesses for use as floor underlayment, wall and ceiling backer board, over countertops, tub decks, and for building seats or tileable furniture without need for any support made of wood or steel.